Just after noon, the Fire Department was paged to 209 South 10th Street in Estherville, in reference to a house fire. Upon arrival, firefighters saw smoke coming out of the house. They were informed at that time the fire was located in the basement.
When entering the house, it was determined the majority of the blaze was in the southwest corner of the basement. The blaze was quickly extinguished, and then firefighters watched to make sure there was no further development.
According to Estherville Fire Chief Dick Beaver, the cause of the fire was a television in the basement. There were no injuries in the incident, and firefighters were on scene for about 90 minutes.
Assisting at the scene was the Wallingford Fire Department, , Estherville Police Department, Estherville Ambulance Service and Emmet Co. Emergency Management.