Arnolds Park/Okoboji FIre and Rescue were called on scene at 2:47 p.m. and were directed to an interior room which had smoke with an odor of an overheated electrical appliance present. With help from a local plumbing and heating company the source of the smoke was found to be an electrical furnace that supplies heat to the aforementioned room.
Repairs were made and firefighters remained on scene for approximately 45 minutes. The smoke dissipated quickly and the building sustained minor damage. No injuries were reported.
Okoboji Police assisted on scene.