News

YMCA Gas Odor

Photo: clipart.com

 Spencer, IA (KICD) — A gaseous odor lead to the evacuation of the Spencer YMCA.
  Earlier Tuesday afternoon, an odor was noticed in the YMCA building.  It was then that the YMCA was evacuated, which is the normal procedure, according to Nathan Prenzlow…

Prenzlow said authorities and staff evacuated approximately 100 people from the building, and tells how long they had to stay out…

As it turned out, it was not a natural gas leak but sewage gas, which came as the result of a custodian working on some drains.  Prenzlow said even though that was the case, authorities did testing to make sure there was no chance of a problem…

He said business was back to usual, with no problems Tuesday afternoon.

Local Headlines

in Local

RAGBRAI Death Identification

rabrai

A man who died near Graettinger while riding in RAGBRAI, has been identified...

in Local

Storm Lake Drug Arrest

handcuffs

A Newell man is arrested after being identified on Facebook...

in Local

Attempted Murder Charge Filed

gavel

A Sioux Rapids man accused of stabbing a 19-year-old man last week now faces an attempted murder charge...

in Local

CCE Board Meeting

cce

Summer building upgrades were highlighted at the regular monthly meeting of the Clay Central Everly School Board Monday night...

in Local

Man Dies On RAGBRAI

Ambulance Photo

A man died near Graettinger while taking part in RAGBRAI on Monday...