News

Storm Lake House Fire

Storm Lake House Fire

Storm Lake , IA (KICD)–No injuries were reported following a midnight hour fire Sunday morning in Storm Lake.

Four adults had been safely evacuated from the home at 205 East 1st Street when fire fighters arrived on scene. They found the basement and second floor filling with smoke. Fire was burning through siding in the west corner of the home near a natural gas meter. Personnel had to remove exterior siding above the basement in order to extinguish the fire.

An apparent overheating of electrical wires in the basement ignited and burned through the house siding sending smoke up the wall into the second floor.

The fire department was on scene for approximately 90 minutes and was assisted at the scene by the Storm Lake Police Department.

Local Headlines

in Local

Algona Lottery Winner

Shipler

An Algona woman wins big in the Iowa Lottery...

in Local

Iowa Gambling

dollar sign

A recently released study says Iowa is gambling more...

in Local

Algona Chain Reaction Crash

Car Accident 1280

Seven people are injured in a chain reaction accident...

in Local

Sheldon Burglaries

breakin1240

Two Sheldon businesses are burglarized over the weekend...

in Local

Sexual Conduct Arrest

News Arrest1240 1

A Jeffers man is arrested after incidents with a minor...