Storm Lake, IA (KICD) — Firefighters respond to an acid release.
Shortly before 10:30 Wednesday morning, the Storm Lake Fire Department responded to a call at the Mangold Environmental Testing for hydrochloric acid release. Upon arrival, it was determined approximately 4 liters of the acid were spilled in the laboratory .
All the occupants of the building evacuated without problems. One person was treated for exposure by paramedics. Firefighters applied a neutralizing substance to the acid, and ventilated the structure. The fire crew was on scene for approximately half an hour.