Spencer, IA (KICD)–Spencer Firefighters were kept busy with a house fire Tuesday afternoon.
Spencer Fire Chief Doug Duncan tells KICD News that arrived to find flames coming up the outside of the house at 424 East 13th Street at approximately 1:50 around the chimney area for a wood burning stove.
The owner of the home complained of tightness in his chest and after being checked by Spencer Paramedics, was taken to the Spencer Hospital for precautionary reasons. The home sustained mostly exterior damage and is insured.
Twenty-four individuals were on scene including Spencer Fire Fighters, Paramedics, Police and Public Works.