News

Sheldon Fire

Sheldon Fire

Photo: clipart.com

Sheldon, IA (KICD) — Firefighters respond to an apartment fire.

Around 9-pm Thursday evening, the Sheldon Fire Company responded to a fire call at Valley View Village. Upon their arrival, firefighters saw smoke coming out of the roof, and fire around an air conditioner. Crews extinguished the air conditioner fire, then went into the apartment, They then found the fire worked up into the attic.

A hole was cut into the roof and the fire was put out. An overheated air conditioner was determined to be the origin of the fire. There were no injuries, and firefighters were on scene about 4 hours.

Local Headlines

in Local

Algona Lottery Winner

Shipler

An Algona woman wins big in the Iowa Lottery...

in Local

Iowa Gambling

dollar sign

A recently released study says Iowa is gambling more...

in Local

Algona Chain Reaction Crash

Car Accident 1280

Seven people are injured in a chain reaction accident...

in Local

Sheldon Burglaries

breakin1240

Two Sheldon businesses are burglarized over the weekend...

in Local

Sexual Conduct Arrest

News Arrest1240 1

A Jeffers man is arrested after incidents with a minor...