Sheldon, IA (KICD) — Firefighters respond to an apartment fire.
Around 9-pm Thursday evening, the Sheldon Fire Company responded to a fire call at Valley View Village. Upon their arrival, firefighters saw smoke coming out of the roof, and fire around an air conditioner. Crews extinguished the air conditioner fire, then went into the apartment, They then found the fire worked up into the attic.
A hole was cut into the roof and the fire was put out. An overheated air conditioner was determined to be the origin of the fire. There were no injuries, and firefighters were on scene about 4 hours.