News

Overheated Extension Cord

Overheated Extension Cord

Estherville, IA (KICD)–An overloaded extension cord could have led to a more disastrous outcome this morning.
The Estherville Fire Department was called to a home at 2:42 this morning as the occupants were smelling smoke.  A shorted outlet and melted extension cord was then located.  Firefighters remained on scene for about a half hour.
Fire Chief Dick Beaver would like to remind everyone extension cords are not recommended but if they are used make sure they are rated for the what they are being used for.

Local Headlines

in Local

King To Texas

steve king

Iowa Congressman Steve King says he'll travel to Texas this weekend to learn more about a surge in unaccompanied children from other countries who are entering the U.S...

in Local

Governor on Ethanol

branstad

Gov. Terry Branstad is renewing a call to maintain the amount of ethanol in the nation's fuel supply, after a report that the Environmental Protection Agency may scale back proposed cuts to renewable fuel production...

in Local

Law Enforcement Reports

lawenforcement1240

Law Enforcement Reports...

in Local

Sioux Rapids Project Playground

playground

A group of citizens in Sioux Rapids are pushing for a new town playground...

in Local

Spencer Department Head Retreat Coming

spencercityseal

A city of Spencer Department Head Retreat is being planned...