Spencer, IA (KICD)–A Monday afternoon blaze totalled a garage and the contents inside.
Spencer Fire Chief Doug Duncan tells KICD News they brought out three pumper trucks to 704 West 5th Street at approximately 4:00 p.m. The garage was fully engulfed when personnel arrived and radiated enough heat to melt some vinyl siding on a home roughly 30 feet away.
The fire is being deemed accidental in nature with no cause determined. No dollar value has been calculated but there seemed to be the remains of an older motorcycle inside the garage. There was no insurance on the structure
Spencer Police helped with traffic control and Spencer Hospital Paramedics were on standby.
No injuries were reported.