News

Lakeside Carbon Monoxide Esposure

Lakeside Carbon Monoxide Esposure

Photo: clipart.com

Lakeside, IA (KICD)–A malfunctioning furnace lands a family of six in the hospital due to carbon monoxide exposure .
The Buena Vista County Communications Center was contacted around 4:30 Saturday morning by 911 requesting an ambulance to 112 Birch Street in Lakeside.  The reporting party stated that she was unable to awaken some of the residents.

A mother and father and four children ages 12, 7, 5, and 2 were were found on scene in various stages of consciousness scattered throughout the home.  The family was then taken to Buena Vista Regional Medical Center for further treatment.

Storm Lake Fire fighters, using a combustible gas meter, determined the carbon monoxide concentration in the home to be over 200 parts per million.
The furnace was repaired by Alliant Energy on Saturday afternoon and the home has been deemed safe to reenter.
The Buena Vista County Sheriff s Office and Paramedics, Alliant Energy personnel, and the Sioux City Chapter of American Red Cross assisted.

Local Headlines

in Local

Clay County Disaster Declaration Impact

Fresh
cash1240

A Presidential Disaster Declaration was approved for the majority of Counties in the KICD listening area last week...

in Local

Dolliver Motorcycle Accident

Car Accident Glass

An Emmetsburg man is injured in a motorcycle accident...

in Local

Cherokee Tyson Plant Closing

News Breaking News

Tyson Foods plans to close its plant in Cherokee....

in Local

King To Texas

steve king

Iowa Congressman Steve King says he'll travel to Texas this weekend to learn more about a surge in unaccompanied children from other countries who are entering the U.S...

in Local

Governor on Ethanol

branstad

Gov. Terry Branstad is renewing a call to maintain the amount of ethanol in the nation's fuel supply, after a report that the Environmental Protection Agency may scale back proposed cuts to renewable fuel production...