Storm Lake, IA (KICD)–Nobody was injured in a Tuesday evening attic fire in Storm Lake.
Firefighters were called to 435 Geneseo Street just before 8:30 p.m. and arrived to smoke coming from the attic vents. They entered a second floor apartment and extinguished a fire burning in the attic space. The fire damage was contained to the attic and was caused by overheated electrical wires.
The fire department was on scene for approximately one and one quarter hours and was assisted at the scene by the Storm Lake Police Department and the Buena Vista County Paramedics.