Local

Photo: KICD AM

Spencer House Fire

Spencer, IA (KICD)–Improperly discarded smoking materials has been ruled the cause of a Monday afternoon house fire in Spencer.

Spencer Firefighters arrived at 612 3rd Avenue West to find several flames coming from a first floor window on the northwest corner just after 1:00. The blaze was extinguished, smoke was ventilated from the home, and it was checked for any extension of fire.

No Injuries were reported. The house sustained flame damage in the room of origin with smoke damage throughout the home.

The Fire Department was on scene for an hour and a half and received assistance from Spencer Police and Spencer Hospital Paramedics.