Orange City, IA (KICD)–An Orange City residence has been destroyed by a fire.
The Orange City Fire Department arrived at 508 Providence Ave SE at 1:41 Wednesday morning after responding to a report of a fire. The roof of the house and garage were engulfed in flames when emergency personnel arrived.
Members of the home were safely outside. The cause of the fire has been determined to be spontaneous combustion from wood-stain soaked rags left in the garage. Approximately $300,000 worth of damage was incurred.
Assisting on scene was the Alton Fire Department, Orange City Police Department, Orange City Ambulance, and Sioux County Sheriff’s Office.