Local

Fatal House Fire in Estherville

Photo: KICD AM

Fatal House Fire in Estherville

Estherville, IA (KICD)–An Estherville man died in a Friday afternoon housefire.

The Estherville Fire Department was called out to 515 South Street at 1:13 p.m. The homeowner, Ralph (Bud) Lyons, was found deceased inside of the home. The fire was started by a cigarette.

The Wallingford Fire Department, Estherville Ambulance, State Fire Marshall, and Emmet County Sheriff’s Office assisted on scene. Firefighters were on scene for about 3 hours.