Clay Central Everly Prom Car Wash 7/25:
The Clay Central Everly Prom committee is hosting a car wash Saturday, July 25th from 10-2 at Arnold Motor Supply in Spencer.
Changes at Annual Antique Boat Show 7/24-7/26:
For the first time the annual Classic Boat show on West Lake Okoboji will include ALL vintage crafts older than 1976 – not just wooden boats. Organizer Mike Hagen would like to hear from ALL classic boat owners interested in participating this year at 1-605-321-4274. There will be a reception for skipper Friday night, the free show and parade for the public on Saturday at Arnolds Park Amusement Park, and Sunday will be used as a rain day.
OST 2015 Season:
One Night Only! Mary Badham, who starred as “Scout” in the classic film “To Kill a Mockingbird” will visit with the audience both before and after the play Friday night!
- To Kill a Mockingbird: July 21st-26th.
- The Taffetas: July 28th-August 2nd.
- Greater Tuna: August 4th-9th.
- Fiddler on the Roof: August 11th-16th.
Box Office: 712-332-7773.
Dickinson County Conservation Department:
- Grandpa, Grandma, and Me Camp for ages 5-13 July 30th and 31st.
- Overnight Backpacking Adventure (Kids 10 to 12) August 10th-12th.
Dickinson County Nature Center: www.dickinsoncountynaturecenter.com or 712-336-6352.
Palo Alto County Conservation Department:
- “Seed Pod Creatures and Nature Names” Saturday, July 25th at Lost Island Nature Center.
- Nature Walk Wednesday, July 29th at 9am at Basswood Recreation Area.
- Beach Fun Day Saturday, August 1st from 1-3pm at Huston Park.
- Wild Edibles Saturday, August 8th from 9am-1pm at Lost Island Nature Center. Class size is limited to 30 people and there is a $10 fee.
Palo Alto County Conservation Department: 712-837-4866
This Month at Spencer Library:
Monday July 20th: Teen book club, Baby Storytime, and Adult Movie night.
- Saturday, July 25th: Anime and Japanese Culture Club and Fandom Club.
- Monday, July 27th: Teen Book Club and Baby Storytime.
- Tuesday, July 28th: Storytime and Kid’s SRP.
- Wednesday July 29th: Code Club and Tween Book Club
- Thursday, July 30th: Storytime and Teen SRP.
- Friday, July 31st: Adult Reading Program Final Party
Details and times at www.spencerpubliclibrary.org.
This month at Spirit Lake Library:
- Family story time every Friday morning at 9:30 and 11.
- The 2nd summer reading program runs through August 8th.
Spencer Area Activity Center Schedule for Week of 7/20:
- Monday: Exercise, Nickel Bingo, Bridge, and Craft Class.
- Tuesday: 500, Nickel Bingo, and Cribbage.
- Wednesday: Exercise, Canasta, and Pass 4 Pinochle.
- Thursday: Exercise, Nickel Bingo, and Bridge.
- Friday: Hy Vee bakery giveaway (Two items per person), Exercise, Pass Pinochle, Canasta.
** Bingo is Back! Doors open at 4, Kitchen open at 4:30, Early birds at 6 and regular games at 7pm. GUARANTEED $300 JACKPOT!!!
For Information on the Spencer Area Activity Center phone 262-1782
Upcoming Summer Celebrations:
- Milford Pioneer Days July 24th-26th: Friday highlights include a classic car cruise and card tournaments, Saturday highlights include a parade and community barbecue, and Sunday highlights include an antique tractor ride and pancake feed. The full schedule is at milfordcommercialclub.com.
- Sioux Rapids Tall Corn Days is Saturday July 25th. There will be a 5k walk/run beginning at 8am at the American Legion Community Center and a parade at 10am. For more information phone city hall.
- Ayrshire Days July 25th and 26th. Saturday events are a hog roast and street dance, Sunday is a pancake breakfast and games in the park.
Baseball Exhibit at Clay County Heritage Center:
The summer exhibit at the Clay County Heritage Center is “Celebrate Clay County Baseball”. Highlights include displays about the various school teams that have won state championships, the city teams that played each other, and the semi-pro “Spencer Cardinals”. The museum is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 10-4; Thursdays 10-6; and Saturdays 10-3. Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for kids 5-12.
Miscellaneous Runs, Walks, and Bike Rides:
- The Spencer Family YMCA and Spencer Municipal Golf Course host a Glow Course Fun Run Saturday, August 15th at 8pm. The evening includes a glow in the dark 5k run/walk, driving and putting contest, and zumba. Pre-Registration at the Spencer Y by July 17th is $25 and a glow-in-the-dark shirt is guaranteed. Registration July 18th or later is $30.
- The Bedell Family YMCA Point to Point swim is Saturday, August 1st. It is a 3.5 mile swim across West Lake Okoboji from Gull Point to Pikes Point.