Spencer, IA (KICD)--A Spencer woman was hospitalized following a Saturday morning house fire.
At 6:38 Spencer Fire & Rescue was called to a report of smoke coming from a home at 520 6th Avenue West after the residence occupant, CarolAnne Fullerton, awoke due to popping sounds and a house full of smoke. She immediately called 911 and exited the home.
Fullerton was taken to the Spencer Hospital by their ambulance crew. She was admitted and placed under observation for smoke inhalation and was last listed in stable condition.
The blaze is believed to have started in the bathroom, however no cause has been determined, The home and contents inside sustained roughly $60,000 worth of damage.
A total of 23 Firefighters were on scene for 3-5 hours. Spencer Police and Spencer Hospital Paramedics assisted.